Delicious creamy and filling, this Peaches and Cream Oatmeal has fresh juicy peaches, creamy yogurt and satisfying old fashioned oats. It is so much more delicious than the packets, and way better for you!
Fresh Peach Oatmeal
Peach season is something we look forward to every year! There is nothing like biting into a perfectly ripe juicy peach. Mmmmmmm. Combine that yummy fresh peach flavor with warm comforting oatmeal and its a breakfast that will give your taste buds a next level breakfast experience.
Ingredients to Make Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
You might think that you need heavy cream to make this oatmeal. Nope! We use thick creamy vanilla yogurt to make this oatmeal creamy, delicious and packed with nutrition.
- Oats – old fashioned oats are the best option for this. Their chewy texture and fast cooking time make them perfect for this recipe.
- Peaches – I definitely recommend fresh peaches for this recipe. There is nothing else like them. Peach season is short and so you can use canned or frozen.
- Yogurt – Greek yogurt is a must – it’s thick and packed with protein. Normally I use plain yogurt for everything, but this oatmeal is the one exception. I recommend vanilla Greek yogurt for this recipe.
- Honey – honey is totally optional. If you use plain yogurt, the honey will add that touch of sweetness. If you use vanilla yogurt, then I would leave the honey out.
- Vanilla Extract – adds that little extra vanilla flavor to make this oatmeal next level.
More Favorite Oatmeal Recipes
Pour water, salt, and vanilla into a small pan and heat over high.
Just before the water boils, add peaches (no fresh peaches? Try frozen!). When it comes to a boil, stir in the oats.
Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally. Cook until desired consistency is reached.
Top with yogurt before serving, or simply serve it alongside.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 126mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 21g
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.