Skip the Texas Toast – this homemade garlic bread is rich, buttery, and dripping with savory garlic flavor. The whole batch will be gone in minutes!
In theory, this homemade garlic bread is the perfect side dish. It’s quick and easy to make, it goes well with a variety of main dishes, and it also happens to be delicious. So what’s the problem?
Well, whenever I make this garlic bread recipe, it doesn’t really end up being a side. Of course, Jack and I can’t help but sample a few pieces straight from the baking sheet. By the time it reaches the table, we’ve already put a pretty good dent in it. And by the end of the meal, we’ve nearly polished off the whole batch. So…side dish? For us, I’m not so sure.
All that’s really to say that we adore this homemade garlic bread, and if you try it, I think you will too. It’s crisp around the edges, soft and buttery in the middle, and saturated with rich, savory garlic flavor. Call it a snack, a side dish, or even half your dinner (oops!). No matter what, it’ll be a hit.
Garlic Bread Recipe Ingredients
To make this garlic bread recipe, you just need a few basic ingredients:
- Bread, of course! Look for a good baguette or soft French bread.
- Garlic butter – I make this simple spread with softened butter, fresh garlic, parsley, and salt. It’s perfect for infusing the garlic bread with buttery garlic flavor.
- Parmesan cheese – For savory, cheesy flavor. A sprinkle of my Vegan Parmesan works nicely too.
- Flaky sea salt – It helps season the bread and gives the topping a nice crunch.
- Chopped parsley – For fresh flavor and pretty flecks of green.
- And red pepper flakes – Optional, for heat.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Garlic Bread
My method for how to make garlic bread is super simple! Here’s how it goes:
- First, prepare the bread. Slice it in half lengthwise, and generously slather the cut sides with the butter mixture.
- Then, bake. Place the bread on a baking sheet, transfer it to the oven, and bake for 8 minutes at 350°, until the butter is melted.
- Next, broil. Turn on the broiler for 2-5 minutes, and broil the bread until the edges are a toasty golden brown.
- Finally, season and serve! Remove the garlic bread from the oven, and top it with the Parmesan, parsley, flaky salt, and red pepper flakes, if desired. Slice it into 3-inch chunks, and devour it hot, either on its own or as a side dish. We love pairing it with pasta recipes like lasagna, stuffed shells, and baked ziti, with a Caesar salad to round out the meal.
More Favorite Bread Recipes
If you love this homemade garlic bread, try one of these bread recipes next:
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the baguette in half lengthwise, place the halves on the baking sheet, and slather the cut sides with garlic butter.
Bake, cut-side-up, for 8 minutes, then broil for 2 to 5 minutes, until the bread is golden brown around the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, flaky sea salt, parsley, and red pepper flakes, if desired. Slice, and serve hot.