Lead the development, strategic direction and services of a Medical Writing and Copywriting team for Patient Recruitment. Areas of responsibility include the oversight of content for Patient Recruitment marketing and outreach, ICFs, patient and site facing materials, and lay person summaries. Provide scientific and/or strategic direction and patient insights to support project teams. May also act as strategic lead on new business activities and collaborate across IQVIA to develop full-service solutions. Contribute to the development of a strong, multi-skilled Writing department.
- Manage staff in the Writing department in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance and guiding professional development, addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
- Accountable for overall performance, efficiency and quality of writing team and assigned services, closely monitoring profitability and proactively initiating actions to maximize this.
- Have responsibility for a specific area of expertise and lead related initiatives.
- Participate in the operational management of communications activities and work closely with senior colleagues to achieve business targets.
- Work with Head of Department and broader project teams in the planning, budgeting, forecasting and allocation of writing staff and contractors for existing and new business.
- May also contribute to new business proposals and RFIs/RFPs, maximizing business opportunities with both existing and new clients and contributing to the development of new solutions and services.
- Lead on project specifications and cost estimates, working closely with project teams.
- Lead meetings with relevant stakeholders, presenting scientific/clinical concepts, patient insights, content recommendations and facilitating discussions as required. Provide scientific counsel, expertise and strategic advice as scientific/therapeutic subject matter expert (SME), to guide the development of high quality communications solutions.
- Cultivate strong, long-term working relationships with internal and external key decision-makers.
- For assigned projects, ensure materials produced by the team are completed to a high standard, on time and within budget, in accordance with the needs and objectives of the client, target audience and delivery medium, keeping relevant parties aware of the status of project activities.
- Contribute to, or oversee, the development and implementation of department standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality measures, and working practices to meet industry standards, client expectations and targets.
- Monitor and ensure compliance within the team to following SOPs, adhering to industry regulations, departmental guidance and quality control measures.
- Contribute to the delivery of the business unit strategic goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Scientific or Medical subject, or Communications/Marketing; PhD preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant writing or related experience, with at least 4 years’ management experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience in copywriting and/or medical writing, reviewing and resource planning
- In-depth knowledge of patient recruitment communications and clinical trials
- Strong computer skills, including MS office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Familiarity with research tools and approaches and communications strategies
- Demonstrable therapy area expertise
- Proven ability to manage a department and effectively motivate staff
- Excellent coaching/training/mentoring skills
- Ability to monitor department outputs, ensuring quality, compliance, appropriateness and profitability
- Demonstrable experience across a variety of healthcare communications materials for a range of audiences
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry and ability to effectively drive strategy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients and suppliers
- Full understanding of current industry code of practice guidelines and their implications
- Commercial focus and budgetary awareness
- Excellent presentation skills
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at .